Reporting & Analysis:
• Responsible for providing detailed commentary, analysis and insights into commercial performance, including proactive assessment of impending issues or opportunities.
• Specific measures include but are not limited to:
o Sales, Gross Margin and Gross Margin % performance versus budget and prior year, at total, regional, market, customer, and product level by business unit (Seasonal, pandemic, in-licensed)
o Price / volume analysis at all levels versus budget and prior year
o Returns analysis by market, by product, by key customer
o Average selling price analysis by market, product, customer level
• Oversee the consolidation, analysis, and reporting on APAC revenue including all product lines, revenue channels, & digital offerings touching all levels of the gross to net calculations.
• Providing insights and using those insights to challenge the current commercial offering.
• Understand commercial expenses and return on investment.
• Provide insight to Commercial leadership on results.
Credit & Returns:
• Manage the returns process with Commercial and Global Business Services (GBS) to ensure credit notes for returns are raised in accordance with approved authorization levels and are raised on a timely basis.
• Ensure credit notes in relation to other commercial agreements are authorized and approved in line with the agreed table of delegations
• Work with commercial and GBS to ensure credit risk is appropriately managed. Provide oversight and management of process with commercial to set appropriate credit limits for customers
Budgeting & Forecasting:
• Set and agree expectations for Commercial outcomes in terms of sales ambition and level of expenses with reference to relevant external and internal expectations and benchmarks
• Agree timelines for all financial exercises
• Provide challenge and counsel into budget and forecast exercises, level of growth, key ratios etc.
• Help APAC leadership prepare for challenge on the numbers and strategy
• Work with leadership to tell the financial story behind budget and forecast commercial performance
• Ensure all key assumptions are aligned across the business
Long Term Planning:
• Provide input into product strategies, helping APAC leadership to ensure product strategy is clearly defined and aligned with R&D timelines for key trials.
• Input into market strategies, evaluating financials for different strategies in terms of product launches, selling price corridors, marketing strategy and RoI. Help APAC leadership to define and evaluate different scenarios in terms of timing, prices achieved and market share. Help to define the different triggers/ levers that will result in the different scenarios.
Short-mid Term Planning:
• Understand and challenge changes in near term (1-3 years) demand and price expectations by market.
• Understand impact of changes in terms of Sales and Gross Margin. Ensure visibility and explanation of all changes as part of the supply & operational planning process
• Support APAC leadership in relation to key commercial initiatives, ensuring robust business cases are prepared.
• Development and support of financial analysis around business development opportunities
• Work with customer services teams to ensure customer master data is complete and accurate
• Support commercial with customer negotiations and disputes.