Line management of a team of Proposal Leads to deliver global opportunities.
• As a key member of the client relationship team, they are responsible for project management of the
proposal process, including leadership of cross-functional teams to scope opportunities and gain key
stakeholder review and approval, as appropriate.
• The role also includes the pricing, margin analysis and generation of proposals, to deliver quality and on-time Quotations to Clients. The Manager, Client Services, identifies and independently drives delivery of
process improvement projects on behalf of the global team and/or the business.
II. Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
• Line management of team of Proposal Leads within a defined region.
• Working as part of the Management team for their business unit, collaborates with peers located across US
and EU regions to support delivery of Business Development and Company objectives, as needed.
• Supports any local site(s) management activities/objectives, as needed.
• Supports team with prioritization of workload and manages flexing of workload across global team.
• Drives the Proposal process and liaises with Project Management, BD Representatives, Clients, and
Management/Key Stakeholders on the generation of, and pricing for, Quotations / QARs.
• Leads communication between functional areas of the organization (ie. BD, Project Management,
Operations, Quality, Finance, etc) to ensure on-time delivery of Quotations / proposals that are accurate
and executable in terms of technical scope and meet costing / business margin targets.
• Drives QOTD metrics and is accountable for team performance.
• Works with all Operations functions to determine the most optimal and cost effective
manufacturing/packaging methods and to request pricing on any additional items to support quotation
generation, and shares knowledge with team.
• Communicates directly with client contacts and leads client meetings to support the Proposal / BD process /
• Works collaboratively and professionally in accordance with the global processes and to drive global
• May work as part of a strategic team to provide guidance on proposal processes, and improvements to
develop client relationships and business.
• Works with and leads BD, Operations, and Finance to produce optimal value pricing solutions.
• Promotes and drives cost productivity between original Quotation/proposal vs. actual.
• Collaborate with all sites within Catalent to maximize existing experience, knowledge, and resources.
• Supports other sites with Quotations/proposals, as part of the global team resource.
• Leads and participates in cross-functional initiatives to reduce cost and improve service levels for both
internal and external clients.
• Identifies and drives process improvement initiatives to completion, with team and business impact.
III. Position Requirements:
Education or Equivalent:
• Minimum of Life Sciences Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) or business degree, or equivalent work
• 6-8 years+ related industry experience.
• Previous management experience required.
• An understanding of, and well experienced in, the contract development / research, pharmaceutical and
• Knowledge and experience in cGMP and FDA regulated working environments is required, and provides
guidance to team on these topics.
• Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects, including complex projects where process/deliverable is
non-standard or requires significant strategic discussion/investment.
• Significant experience in a client facing role and excellent client facing skills - drives to meet, and indeed
exceed, client expectations.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), presentation, and interpersonal skills are required.
• Demonstrated experience in problem solving and strong mathematical abilities / finance skills.
• Possess strong business acumen and analytical skills, and mentoring team members in developing these
• Self-motivated and able to lead, follow-up and drive Quotations/QARs or projects to completion.
• Identifies and drives process improvement initiatives that support team, broader company initiatives, and
oversees delivery of those assigned to team.
• Must be computer literate, and proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, etc.
• Experience of Customer Relationship Management tools