We help our clients modernize technology, reimagine processes and transform experiences so they can stay ahead in our fast-changing world. Together, we’re improving everyday life.
Sales Director - Software Service
Summary of Role
Service Line Specialists (SLS) provide deep expertise in a Service Line Practice Area to support the Client Leadership Team to close new and expansion opportunities on accounts. They are actively involved in growing the service line’s footprint and working with the Client Partners to engage clients with service line opportunities.
In this role, the SLS will focus on Experience Engineering which covers the key areas of Digital Business & Technology (DB&T), Digital Experience, Software Product Engineering, Application Modernisation and Application Development & Maintenance Services along with Quality Assurance Services. He or she will balance client responsibilities with business development and sales responsibilities including identifying, qualifying and closing new business opportunities within Enterprise Engineering. The position also requires working with and leveraging a top-notch client leadership team. The individual will also be developing strategies and tactics for further penetrating the account in addition to cross selling emerging services. The SLS will collaborate with the Client Partners in achieving “trusted advisor” status and have a mix of strategic and tactical management experience.
• Market Leadership:
• Lead and champion Custom application offerings in market
• Collaborate across all of Service line practices and offerings in AI, Data, IoT and Cloud platforms to ensure we grow share in world class digital innovation, mobile/web applications helping clients reinvent their businesses
• Achieve annual sales and revenue targets for Experience and Applications group in market
• Work closely with Client Partners and overall team to develop and execute client strategy
• Provide subject matter expertise to proposal development and overall solution.
• Relationship Management:
• Execute to the account plan within function/specialism in collaboration with the Client Partner
• Invest time in strengthening existing client relationships. Participates in reviews and provides educated and relevant perspectives.
• Client Relationship Management; engage with CXO, VP and Director level clients
• Business Development:
o Respond to and deliver on client requests; responds to RFP’s.
o Identify opportunities, makes proactive proposals to client in line with account strategy.
o Obtain appropriate approvals to pursue opportunities.
o Lead pursuits as a pursuit owner to close new and expansion opportunities related to their sales specialisms, working closely with Client Leadership Team.
o Engage the relevant internal practices teams and service lines team for developing solutions.
o Create and present account Pipeline; QBR presentations and executive status reports
Experience & Skills
• 12+ years of experience in a senior-level Application services seller with good knowledge and prior experience and a strong track record in selling in the following areas of custom applications engineering:
• User Experience Design, Design Thinking, UX/UI and customer engagement across web, mobile, omni-channel experience, ecommerce.
• Software Product Engineering approaches, agile methodology and building green fields application using cloud native solutions.
• Large scale Enterprise Application modernisation and migration using Micro-services architecture and cloud native solutions with DevOps.
• Application development and Maintenance
(Candidates should have a strong domain experience in one of the 4 areas of User Experience, Software Engineering or Enterprise application modernisation and Quality Assurance with a good understanding of at least one of the other three areas)
• Experience in selling across industries in Mainland China
• Understanding drivers and enablers of digital transformation within companies, eg, Data, Applications, Cloud
• Recent experience in working for IT professional services or management consulting firm(s)
• Recent experience in managing global service delivery model(s)
• Excellent problem solving, business communication (written & oral), and client management skills are essential
• Ability to build client relationships; strengthening partnerships by focusing on exceptional client experience, risk management and value realization built on the foundation of leadership capabilities
• Experience in developing opportunity pipelines, qualifying high priority deals, and winning new business in line with agreed targets
• Experience in closing sales with a specific emphasis on growing sales. Specifically, win new deals in customer account per pre-agreed targets.
• Proven leadership qualities such as conflict/issue resolution, strategic and critical thinking and ownership, particularly with highly diverse teams
• Ability to work collaboratively in a virtual and highly matrixed environment
• Bachelor's degree required (MBA is preferred)