• Set up and maintain water management system at supply facories
• Visit Nike’s contracted supply factories and collect relevant technical data on water consumption and wastewater quality
• Develop water savings technical briefs for suppliers based on Nike operational data toolsets
• Conduct performance analyses of the water usage against targets
• Ensure that potential new technologies are technically suitable and commercially viable for their intended application at factories
• Manage supply chain resilience through water risk assessment on suppliers
• The position is located in Shanghai, and reports to Partner Responsibility Manager in Shanghai with a dotted line to the RSC Water Deployment Director in Singapore.
• Work with factories to manage water risk, reduce water consumption, ensure wastewater quality.
• Work with sustainability consultants to manage factory performance, build up factory capabilities.
WHAT YOU BRING
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, or related field
• 5+ years validated experience (3 years with master’s degree) in manufacturing or sustainability
• Clear understanding of product flows in the supply chain
• Hands on experience in water/wastewater treatment, water recycling, and conversant with relevant regulations in China
• Experience in implementation of sustainability programs including consulting skills factory engagement expertise and business case development
• Experience in energy management systems implementation such as ISO 50001 is a plus
• Understanding of onsite renewable energy, corporate power purchase agreements and off-site renewable energy procurement structures is a plus
• Ability to collaborate with key partners to understand/identify requirements, drive knowledge into action, and support data driven decision making
• Strong relationship-building, facilitation, and influencing skills; ability to build trust among those with diverse personal styles
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills (Mandrin and English)
• Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel