Sr. Manufacturing Process Engineer
Location: Shanghai, China
my client is delivering the best audio experience in the world as a member of the team responsible for the delivery of product assembly. This job scope may include mechanical assembly, system assembly and packing process, etc. You are responsible to lead engineers from contract manufacturer to develop fixture, equipment, automated assembly machine and associated SOP for assigned process. You will own the resolution of manufacturing process related issues and support failure analysis of design issues from manufacturing process engineering point of view. Have fun every day on this fast paced, creative team and help take company to explore new places in this space. You will care passionately about product quality and functionality, and if you’re a music lover that’s all the better!
• You are recognized by company and Contract Manufacture as the go to person for making things happen.
• You clarify product requirements with Product Design (PD) and Manufacture Design Engineering (MDE), make robust manufacturability analysis and provide alternative mechanical design proposal. Identify the technical risk and control them through Product Creation process.
• You lead in the development of new manufacturing processes, working with CM and/or own supplier teams, ensure manufacturing processes are well documented, statistically capable and well controlled.
• You own defining manufacturing fixture and equipment requirements to meet capacity needs for every builds and MP.
• You lead prototype builds, mass production builds from Manufacturing process engineering side, to detect potential build issue, and work out short term solution with PD, capture all build issues during builds, and conduct root cause analysis (process and components failures); leads corrective action and ensure issue closure.
• You are continually tracking the latest in manufacturing technologies and processes in order to leverage them for our products.
What it Takes:
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, or equivalent with 8 plus years in mechanical manufacture engineering or mechanical design development experience
• Very experienced in mechanical parts assembly technology, familiar with several of following manufacturing techniques: RTV glue, AB glue, CA glue, PSA, gasket, EM part Dip & soldering, heat stacking, USW, screwing, laser etch, package assembly, and related fixture and automation development
• Experience in realizing consumer electronics product in mass production which involves precision mechanical parts assembly and high cosmetic requirements
• Able to understand and challenge tolerance stack ups for assemblies to meet gap/step requirement
• Solid knowledge and extensive hands-on experience of DFM (DFx).
• Experience in advanced analysis & problem solving techniques including DOE, failure analysis, 8D problem solving, CpK, GR&R, PFMEA etc.,
• Experience in production line development techniques including flow chart, cycle time calculation, UPH setup, line layout & balance, SOP, MVA calculation etc.,
• Proficient in the use of 3D mechanical design tools. Such as Pro-E, UG, NX or Catia etc.,
• Fluent in written and spoken Mandarin and English and able to communicate effectively in a global environment.
• Leadership experience is a plus. Project Lead, Team Lead, Technical Lead...
• Willingness to travel extensively in China and to the US.
• Experience in development of unique manufacturing process is a big plus.
• Having worked on acoustics products is a plus, familiar with system air leak, Rub & Buzz analysis is strong plus
• Passion for music is a strong plus!
In 2002, we set out with a goal – to reinvent home audio for the digital age.
Our vision was simple - fill every home with music and make listening a valued experience again. We’re making it easy for everybody to listen to the music they love in every room of their home. To hear the songs they love, to discover new music they never knew existed, and to appreciate it all with the highest sound quality.
We’re doing it all over the world – In more than 60 countries, in seven languages through thousands of retailers. We’re constantly looking for ways to improve the experience – with new products, new software and continually investing in ways to provide our customers the best experience possible. We’re doing what we set out to do. Changing the way people listen to music – one home at a time.
If you want to get more job opportunities, please reach out (如果你想了解更多的职位机会，请点击): https://www.rgf-professional.com.cn/zh/jobs