Individuals in this role are responsible for designing and developing a network infrastructure distributed across multiple data centers for critical real-time trading business. They are also expected to perform some system administration tasks with other members of the infrastructure team.
1. Bachelor’s degree and above in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related fields.
2. 5+ years of related work experience in network design, implementation and ongoing management.
3. Advanced knowledge of layer 2 and layer 3 network technologies such as VLAN, Routing, Multicast, and familiar with common network service, SNMP, NTP, DNS and etc.
4. Strong knowledge of Cisco switches and routers. CCNA/CCNP/CCIE certifications desirable.
5. Familiar with network security best practices and have practical experience with firewalls and intrusion detection tools.
6. Experience with at least one scripting language, such as Bash or Python. Have experience automating network administration tasks.
7. Some Linux and Windows knowledge desirable.
8. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written