1. Schematic Design
• Support the development of schematic drawings based on information from lease work-letters and Lease Outline documents
• Provide information for feasibility studies regarding general store layout
• Supply drawings for creative intent, including floor plans, reflected ceiling plans, interior and
exterior elevations and details necessary to begin the document process with project architect, and for senior management approval
• Develop alternate design concepts for retail group consideration
2. Space Planning
• Develop drawings based on information from Architecture + Design, Construction, Merchant
teams, Real Estate and Developers (LL’s). Prepare drawings for Design Review meetings.
• Meet with internal teams to review space plans for approval prior to design development.
• Ensure ADA compliance of all retail designs and fixtures.
3. Design Development
• Direct project architects in general drawing standards, CD compilation
• Review bid packages received from vendors
• Coordinate with Manager of Fixture and Signage Development on fixture plan development and area calculations
• Review shop drawings in conjunction with Architecture + Design team members
• Review construction documents issued from project architects, vendors and engineers for
accuracy and design intent
• Develop drawing and prototype standards and details to issue to project architects and evolve
the prototype drawings
4. Construction Management
• Monitor design implementation
• Prepare a punchlist either through Construction department or store personnel
• Field calls from on-site contractors, sub-contractors and related construction personnel to make
field adjustments and provide information necessary to prevent schedule delays.
• Work closely with project architect to issue field directives and addenda
• Review change orders with internal construction representatives
5. Financial responsibility
• Prepare budget spreadsheets
• Ensure the accuracy of a detailed tender package and compliance with Corporate tender
• Track on-going costs to ensure budget compliance
• Report information to Store Design, Construction, Operations and VM