This job has been closed. You will find bellow the job description as a reminder. It is not possible to apply anymore.
Key Purpose of the Job:
• Support Lead Development Team Engineer for ensuring effective product development, product costing, product engineering and that all products meet required testing & quality standards.
Job Holder Needs to Do:
• Work closely with UK category team to support the products development processes to have on-time development samples, fitting, testing and Gold seals.
• Responsible for ensuring all products meet the appropriated lab/ fit & wear testing requirements and developing new standards as and when required;
• Proactively support Senior Equipment Engineer resolve issues on product development, engineering and testing as required by category team. Identify root cause and apply continuous improvement methodology.
• Support Senior Equipment Engineer to work in an “open book” costing environment and effecting re-engineering when opportunities arise.
• Team player able to lead when required, capable of working cross functionally with good project management skills.
• Strong attention to focus on details and positive attitude.
Job Holder Needs to Know:
• Technical knowledge and experience of Equipment/ Plastic product development, commercialization or production. Effective calendar management skills.
• Good experience of tooling (3D, prototype and mechanism design) & plastic moulding (injection, compression, blowing etc.).
• Basic knowledge in plastic materials (PC, TPR, PP etc.,) processing and over-moulding;
• Experience of working in a cross functional role;
• Strong communication skills both verbally and electronically in a multi-cultural environment.
Job Holder Needs to be:
• 3+ years’ experience working with major international brands in the Product Development or Mould Engineering.
• Able to communicate with overseas designers and product managers.
• Graduated from engineering background (chemical, tooling or mechanism) and Equipment/ Plastic product Development experience will be preferable