This job has been closed. You will find bellow the job description as a reminder. It is not possible to apply anymore.
What You'll Do:
You will normally plan, develop, test, and supervise engineering applications development and support both internal and external clients, especially contributing to improving and innovating engineering applications as part of the Digital Class framework. These activities by nature of their complexity and difficulty require the fully competent application of knowledge in engineering analysis, information technology, and digitalization, as well as creative, innovative, and forward-looking solutions.
1. Identifies opportunities and proposes solutions to improve Engineering Applications.
2. Serves as leader or member of Engineering Applications development or support team. Responsible for carrying out assigned duties on schedule and within budget.
3. Services as a leader or member in coordination and collaboration effort with Engineering, Technology, IT as well as other Departments for Engineering Applications planning, design, development, test, and maintenance.
4. Maintains good relations with customers and coworkers and supports Engineering Application users.
5. Responsible for development of suggested Engineering Applications development projects as assigned. Provides expert advice as necessary in matters related to the application of technology, engineering, Rules, and Regulations.
6. Collects user feedback and client needs tracks industry trends and technology development and proposes new features, technologies, and solutions for continuous improvement of Engineering Applications.
7. Ensures that all Quality System requirements with regard to technical work within assigned areas of responsibility are fulfilled.
8. Performs selected engineering analyses.
What You'll Need:
1. Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in engineering and/or software development experience in a shipyard, marine or offshore design/consulting office, shipping/oil company, CAD or engineering software company, software development or consulting company, university, or a classification society
2. Completion of an engineering or computer science curriculum from a University (B.S. or equivalent) or Professional or chartered engineer license
3. Command of English language
4. Understanding on software development and IT technologies. Engineering software development experience is preferred
5. Knowledge of engineering analysis, specifically in structural analysis, finite element approach, and structural or machinery Rule-compliance assessment
6. Knowledge of applicable Class Rules and regulations for marine and offshore structures or machinery and the impact of Rule applications and interpretations